What is Photoshop, Digital Collage, and Surrealist art?
Photoshop is a software that people use to enhance, change, or create images.
Surrealist art is a movement in which artists created artwork that reﬂected imaginative and metaphorical uses of imagery. Often the subjects of surrealist art work would reﬂect social mores, political stances, or dream-like situations of the time period during the 1920‘s. Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions, and irony to express the artist’s ideas.
Digital Collage is a form of creating collages using digital tools such as Photoshop.
In this project, we will choose themes to reﬂect our feelings on certain situations in our time and lives, and create a digital collage using Photoshop that reflects these themes.
Take a look at the Surrealist collages below. Can you identify the theme in each one of them?*
(*Record your answers on a separate document)
- Talk about some of the issues/situations in our time that you could possible use as a theme. If you had the choice, what theme would you choose to create your collage about? *
- Describe what the collage would look like. What will be the background? What will the objects and images look like that you will use to create your image?*
- Choose images that you would want to include in your collage. Collect them all into a folder. Save it in your drive.
- Using Photoshop, being layering, resizing, and manipulating your images to create your collage. Use the video tutorial below to guide you:
3. Save your work. Share it on your portfolio.